The attorneys in the office of Law Office of Miguel Martínez, P.C. have many years of experience in immigration law. We understand—some of us from personal experience—that a loved one’s immigration status can severely affect families. We’re committed to helping people get in the best position to pursue the life they want for themselves and their families. But the process can be complicated, and that’s why we want to help you.

Permanent Residence:

Obtaining permanent residency in the United States can be achieved in different ways. The most common ways people attain permanent residency is by:

  • Having an immediate family member who is a citizen or permanent resident
  • Legally working for a company in the U.S.
  • Requesting political asylum
  • Investing financially in the country


Many Hispanic immigrants in the U.S. wish to become American citizens. If you have been a permanent resident for more than five years, or if your spouse is a U.S. citizen and you have been a permanent resident for three years, you may apply to become a citizen. To apply, you must:

  • Be older than 21
  • Have “good moral character”
  • Have a basic knowledge of American history
  • Be able to speak, read and write basic English


Deportation is the act of forcibly removing people from the U.S. due to various violations of immigration law.

If you are detained by immigration officials, you have the right not to sign any documents. You may be threatened with jail, however. The best thing you can do if you find yourself threatened with deportation is to consult a lawyer. You will be forced to appear before an immigration judge, who will render a decision.

If you’ve already been the subject of deportation proceedings and you were unable to win your case, there is still hope. You have the right to appeal the decision, but an appeal typically must be filed within 30 days, so act quickly.

The Manuel Solis Law Firm can help boost your odds of success with our years of experience in the complicated field of immigration law. Everyone makes mistakes, including judges, but it takes a dedicated and experienced immigration attorney to find the mistake and get it right the second time around. We’ll take your appeal to the highest levels of government if necessary.

Temporary Visas and Types of Visas

Temporary Visas

The list of available visas is long. Each has its own rules and is used for different purposes. Some are valid for days, others for years. If you have questions as you seek a visa, you should speak with an immigration attorney at the Manuel Solis Law Firm. We pride ourselves on helping immigrants pursue the life they want to live.

Types of Visas
  • Tourist visas: These are short-term visas for people who come to the U.S. on business or pleasure.  Citizens of some countries may be eligible to visit the U.S. for 90 days without obtaining a visa.
  • Visas for investors and traders: People opening businesses can get a visa to come to the U.S. from a country that has a trade deal with the U.S.
  • Student visas: People who want to study in America may be eligible for a student visa and an internship in their field of study.
  • Professional and specialty occupation visas: Professional workers with a bachelor’s degree or higher (or equivalent experience) are eligible for a visa if an employer will pay them the same as a comparable American worker.
  • Exchange visas: People who come to the U.S. in an approved exchange program may be eligible.
  • Fiancé(e) visas: A U.S. citizen abroad can get a visa for a fiancé(e) to come to the U.S. for marriage. The marriage must take place within 90 days of arrival.
  • Company visas: These are available to executives, managers and some employees who are transferred to the U.S. by foreign companies. People with this type of visa can apply for permanent residence status without obtaining a certificate of work.
  • Visas for artists and athletes: There are visas for artists, models, athletes, coaches and others.
  • Religious visas: Religious workers and missionaries can apply in this category.

If you need help with any immigration-related matter, you should contact us by filling out the form on this page. Anything you tell us is confidential.